We offer a full line of Custom WordPress design options. Wordpress is a fantastic foundation both as a blogging format or to setup an informational site. We use the genesis framework which gives you a flexible, search engine optimized framework for your site design. We work with self hosted WordPress, installing and creating a beautiful boutique web design blog or informational site, taking into consideration your goals and vision.
Modern Sugar doesn’t just create boutique websites, we also mentor our clients so they get the most out of their website. Take a peek at our design portfolio for samples of our past work to discover if our design style is right for you. See our current list of web hosting options and contact us if you are ready to get started or have any questions!
Pricing starts at $1250 for a basic wordpress design. We recommend HostGator (other hosts may be used but please check with me first to see if there are additional fees for installation). Implementation of additional plugins, page designs or options such as an event calendar, photo gallery, or sign up forms may incur additional fees.
- I will send an online design questionnaire so you can let me know in detail what you would like in your custom design. I will also have you setup a Pinterest board to showcase any elements you would like included in your custom website design. ie colors, fonts, photographs that give me a better idea of what design aesthetic you are looking for. This phase includes an optional one hour phone consultation. Any phone meetings beyond the one hour limit will be billed hourly. Please note that email is my preferred form of communication, especially to discuss and document changes. Although I have time available for phone calls it is very limited.
- After all information is collected I begin the design process. You will receive a design proof within 7 – 10 days. After the design proof is delivered we can discuss via email your thoughts and any revisions you would like This pricing includes up to 5 revisions – revisions beyond 5 will be considered on a case to case basis but generally will be billed at $65/hour. Once the design is finalized and signed off additional revisions may be billed at $65/hr.
- Once a design has been decided on and approved by you it is time to sign up for hosting and purchase a domain name if you have not done so already. Hosting can be setup at anytime and often clients prefer to set it up and start working on adding content simultaneously with the design work.
- You will need to provide the login information (FTP/cpanel which is provided by your web host). Once that is received I will begin the installation process.
- After the design has been installed, you will have time to review the design and any changes made at that point need to be requested within 15 days. Please note that changes at this point may require additional fees if additional coding is needed.
- When the design installation is approved by you, I will send you all of the design files, including graphics and code to save for backup.
All designs include an initial consultation and custom website design and installation plus the following items:
- Homepage photo slideshow (images provided by client)
- WordPress installation (please check with us to make sure your hosting is compatible or we recommend HostGator)
- Up to 5 sidebar widgets
- Matching Facebook cover graphic and profile picture.
- Avatar (small graphic for social media)
- Favicon (small image in browser next to site name)
- Up to 5 revisions of the first proof. Additional revisions will be billed at the hourly rate of $50.
- Purchase of domain name and hosting
- Provide Modern Sugar with the FTP/cpanel login information, and permission to use it for the specific purpose of installing your website design as well as domain registrar login if we need to set your nameservers.
- Provide photographs either in digital or printed format in a specified size (the site design will determine the size) if you have a slideshow. I can recommend stock photography sites or if you prefer I can search for photographs for an additional fee of $65.00 per hour.
- Input your page content (copy and photos) and product listings (if you have an e-commerce website). I can help you navigate the tutorials for your specific cart but will point you toward their support team for any questions that are not design related.
- Reimburse for any additional expenses during the design process, including, but not limited to, stock photography, artwork, codes or scripts and/or any other materials needed for the project. These expenses will be discussed prior to purchase.
- Review mockups, provide feedback and/or approve in a timely manner. Please remember that once you book your project we assign a certain amount of time for it. If you push beyond those deadlines by not approving work in a timely manner it will set your project back as we work to fit you back into the schedule.
If you have any questions at all regarding custom website design, please feel free to contact me.